I am making homemade granola today and you could be, too, if you try out my simple recipe. I love the flavor combination of herbs and tart, sweet dried fruit. The more fruit and nuts you add, the more beautiful it looks- in a glass mason jar, it makes a lovely present. I gave a jar to my brother’s girlfriend for the holidays, and she loved it so much that she asked me for the recipe. I love to have this granola in the morning with warm goat’s milk- don’t knock it till you try it! Yum.
Also, if you are super interested in other delicious recipes with rolled oats, check out my previous posts for oatmeal and granola bars.
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ tbs from fruit concentrate (I love pomegranate or cherry)
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbs cinnamon
- ½ tbs dried rosemary (herbs de provence works great too)
- 18 oz. old fashioned rolled oats
- Nuts, dried fruit, seeds, etc., to your preference
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. In a large bowl, whisk together the oil, maple syrup, fruit concentrate, cinnamon and herbs. When well blended, pour in the oats and stir into the oil mixture until every last little oat is coated. Pour onto a large, rimmed baking sheet covered with parchment paper and spread into a flat layer. Bake for 20 minutes, remove from oven and give the oats a thorough tossing. Return to the oven and bake for 20-30 minutes more until evenly brown and crunchy. Let cool for at least 8 minutes, then add whatever kinds and amounts of nuts, dried fruit, etc. that you like.