Grilled Fish Tacos with Chipotle Mayonnaise
Cooler Kitchen loves fish tacos! For any summer grilling opportunity, there’s nothing better than quickly marinating a quality piece of fish in a few simple ingredients, throwing it on the grill, and setting up a great make-your-own-taco spread for guests to enjoy.
We had fun using our Cooler Kitchen 12″ EZ Grip Silicone Tongs to grill our beautiful Mahi Mahi filet!
After grilling, we sliced the filet in biteable strips to tuck perfectly into our tortillas. Check out this make-your-own taco spread that we served earlier this summer in the Outer Banks in North Carolina!
We are chipotle fanatics, and the chipotle mayo really complimented the delicate, meaty flavor of our grilled fish. We also found sweet and crunchy local red onion and fresh cherry tomatoes. We also tossed some zucchini on the grill for a perfect summer side. You can follow our recipe, or choose your own adventure and mix it up with other taco toppings that you love! Have fun, and enjoy grilling this Labor Day Weekend with your friends and family!
- Grilled Fish Tacos with Chipotle Mayonnaise
- 1 lb Tilapia, cod or mahi mahi fillets
- 2 Tbsp canola oil
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ cup coconut milk
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cups mayonnaise
- 2 tbs chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 8 corn or corn or flour tortillas
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tbs cilantro, chopped (if you don't like cilantro just use parsley)
- In a mixing bowl whisk together canola oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, coconut milk, and soy sauce. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Place fish into a gallon size resealable bag and pour marinade over the fish. Seal the bag, making sure the fish are evenly coated inside, and marinate for 20 minutes (no longer than 30 minutes).
- Meanwhile, to make chipotle mayonnaise add the plain mayonnaise and chipotles together in the bowl of a food processor and blend until smooth. Set aside.
- Preheat a grill to medium-high heat, and brush the grill grates with oil. Place the fish on the grill, and grill until just cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer filets to a plate, slice fish into pieces.
- Serve the fish in individual tortillas, topping with onion, cherry tomatoes, cilantro, and chipotle mayonnaise to taste, folding to make tacos.
The post Grilled Fish Tacos with Chipotle Mayonnaise appeared first on Cooler Kitchen.