Springtime is just around the corner! Although it wasn’t a bad winter by any measure, at Cooler Kitchen our heats can’t help but skip a beat that first time we see seasonal asparagus hit the shelves!
What a delightful weeknight early almost spring meal! It had us dreaming of the warm weather adventures (and banging local produce) that will arrive soon with the warmer weather.
- 4 medium red skinned potatoes, washed
- 1 large onion
- 1 large bunch of asparagus
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp crushed red chili pepper
- 1½ lbs chicken drumsticks
- 14 sprigs of fresh thyme
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Chop vegetables into 1 inch pieces. Toss in a roaring dish with ½ tbs olive oil, salt, pepper, and red chili pepper. Place half of thyme leaves on top.
- Rinse of the drumsticks and pat dry. Set on top of the vegetables in the roasting dish, season with salt and pepper, and brush ½ tbs olive oil over the chicken. Cover evenly with the rest of the thyme.
- Bake for 50 minutes until chicken skin is golden and crispy and the juices run clear. Serve together warm with fresh parsley.