Spring Chicken Drumsticks
Springtime is just around the corner! Although it wasn’t a bad winter by any measure, at Cooler Kitchen our heats can’t help but skip a beat that first time we see seasonal asparagus hit the shelves!
This scrumptious one dish meal was the product of a trip to Whole Foods, where we found air-chilled chicken drumsticks on sale for a really good price. Pretty, pretty good! To celebrate the robust marriage of dark meat chicken and asparagus flavors, we went with thyme and just a bit of red chili pepper to season.
What a delightful weeknight early almost spring meal! It had us dreaming of the warm weather adventures (and banging local produce) that will arrive soon with the warmer weather.
Classic Chicken and Vegetables
- 4 medium red skinned potatoes, washed
- 1 large onion
- 1 large bunch of asparagus
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp crushed red chili pepper
- 1½ lbs chicken drumsticks
- 14 sprigs of fresh thyme
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Chop vegetables into 1 inch pieces. Toss in a roaring dish with ½ tbs olive oil, salt, pepper, and red chili pepper. Place half of thyme leaves on top.
- Rinse of the drumsticks and pat dry. Set on top of the vegetables in the roasting dish, season with salt and pepper, and brush ½ tbs olive oil over the chicken. Cover evenly with the rest of the thyme.
- Bake for 50 minutes until chicken skin is golden and crispy and the juices run clear. Serve together warm with fresh parsley.
The post Spring Chicken Drumsticks appeared first on Cooler Kitchen.